domingo, 19 de julho de 2009

Srila Prabhupada's Letters From America.

8. Srila Prabhupada's Letters From America. Letter from Stinson Beach, CA. July 14, 1967. pg. 52.

"At present I am anxious to return to Vrindavana. Here I stay in a palatial building. There are always four of them ready to serve me, and there is no want of prasad, lodging or any care. However, I still feel that my broken kutira without any opulence, bathing in the Yamuna, darsana of the temples, and the ripped cotton quilt of the Gaudiya Vaisnavas are so very sweet. Being so far from Vrindavana I am realizing its mahatmya (greatness). Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "As Krsna is to be worshipped, so is Vrindavana." Now I am somewhat realizing that. As Krsna is sweet, Vrindavana is similarly sweet. You bless me so that I can return to Vrindavana. I am old now. I am not afraid to die, but if my life air passes away in the lotus dust of the Vaisnavas in Vrindavana then that would be very blissful. As soon as I am well I want to return to Vrindavana. Then, if I feel better I will return here and preach. The foundation of preaching has become good here. In the future, even if I do not come, any sincere Vaishnava can come and do hari-kirtana here.

9. Ibid. Letter from Butler, Penn. Sept. 28, 1966.

.. . " My room is locked in Delhi. If you or any of your faithful preachers want to preach in Delhi, let me know. If you want to work in Delhi, you can use that room and preach. If you continue going to Delhi, then my publication work can be taken care of, under your observation.

You wrote to me, "You can engage me in any preaching work in India according to my ability. I shall always be ready to do so." So I can preach whole-heartedly by your good wishes." . . .

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário



Sri Guru-vandana

.
The Worship of Sri Guru
(from Prema-bhakti-candrika)
.

1
sri-guru-carana-padma, kevala-bhakati-sadma,
bando mui savadhana mate
jahara prasade bhai, e bhava toriya jai,
krsna-prapti hoy jaha ha'to

2
guru-mukha-padma-vakya, cittete koriya aikya,
ar na koriho mane asa
sri-guru-carane rati, ei se uttama-gati,
je prasade pure sarv asa

3
cakhu-dan dilo jei, janme janme prabhu sei,
divya-jnan hrde prokasito
prema-bhakti jaha hoite, avidya vinasa jate,
vede gay jahara carito

4
sri-guru karuna-sindhu, adhama janara bandhu,
lokanath lokera jivana
ha ha prabhu koro doya, deho more pada-chaya,
ebe jasa ghusuk tribhuvana

TRANSLATION

1
The lotus feet of our spiritual master are the only way by which we can attain pure devotional service. I bow to his lotus feet with great awe and reverence. By his grace one can cross the ocean of material suffering and obtain the mercy of Krsna.

2
My only wish is to have my consciousness purified by the words emanating from his lotus mouth. Attachment to his lotus feet is the perfection that fulfills all desires.

3
He opens my darkened eyes and fills my heart with transcendental knowledge. He is my Lord birth after birth. From him ecstatic prema emanates; by him ignorance is destroyed. The Vedic scriptures sing of his character.

4
Our spiritual master is the ocean of mercy, the fiend of the poor, and the lord and master of the devotees. O master! Be merciful unto me. Give me the shade of your lotus feet. Your fame is spread all over the three worlds.
Gardenia - Radican

Maha Mantra

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare



LOTUS

Jaya Srila Gurudeva , Srila Prabhupada Ki Jay !

All glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga!

All glories to Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada !

Gaura premanande Haribol!